Here’s what we focused on within the Top 10 (first page of Google) results.
- Number of EMDs in the Top 10 for each long tail phrase.
- Number of Top 10 results using the exact phrase allintitle.
- Number of Top 10 results using the exact phrase allinurl.
- The breakdown of the types of domains in the Top 10
- The status of the .com EMD
- Use use of the exact phrase and keywords in the text snippets
- Noted any “results hogs,” or those big sites that creep up everywhere
- Any additional commentary that jumped out at us (didn’t always happen)
Each page has two sections: On the left-hand side is a screenshot of the Top 10 results. On the right-hand side is additional data points.